Thursday, November 15, 2012

More General Graduate Admissions Advice

Before you apply to graduate school, ask yourself these seven questions:

1. Why do I want to go to grad school?

2. Why do I want to do this now?

3. What type of academic or professional degree am I seeking?

4. In what geographic region do I want to study?

5. What type of learning and student experience am I seeking?

6. Will significant others, a spouse, or children impact my plans?

7. Should I consider a full-time or part-time program?

Other related articles include four myths debunked and critical steps in finding the right graduate program. InsideHigherEd's GradHacker posted a two-part series: financing and selecting a graduate school program.

Although the links below focus on doctoral programs, I believe the admissions advice is also relevant for master's programs:

No comments: