Saturday, July 25, 2009

Before You Move into Your Apartment

So, you finally found a place to live when you start graduate school. I found an apartment and signed a lease in June. I secured a roommate in July to split housing costs. I officially move into my new apartment in August. The process can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Here are some links I recommend for prospective and current students about apartment living:

You may also find that you don't need a land-line phone or cable television. Many students are mobile and rely on their cell phones as their primary number. Television can be a waste of money unless you must watch sports and are pursuing a degree in a communications field (i.e. journalism, etc.) High-speed Internet is the most important service you would need in your apartment. Just get a larger monitor (at least 22") and hook it up to your laptop to watch movies. Don't forget the Netflix subscription.

No comments: