Ways libraries are like Google
- Both have as their mission to organize and make the world's information accessible.
- Both make it possible to get digital information no matter where you are and even if you're still in your jammies.
- Both have books, articles, videos, music, images, and other materials from all time periods.
- Both offer tools to help you focus and narrow a search that most users ignore.
- Both have blogs.
- Both experiment with new technologies.
- Both launch uber-cool technologies that, it turns out, nobody actually wants.
- Both can be a huge time saver and a huge time waster, often on the very same day.
- Both have good information and lots of information that is outdated, useless, incorrect, and biased.