Thursday, August 27, 2009

What can you do with a Master of Social Work?

Some people ask me often what can you do with a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. It is the terminal professional degree in the field of social work. The Council on Social Work Education is the accrediting body for social work schools. Social workers are employed in for-profit, non-profit, and government sectors. They can be found in the following industries:

  • Public Welfare
  • Criminal Justice/Corrections
  • School Social Work
  • Child Welfare
  • Gerontology
  • Clinical
  • Administration*
  • Research and Education*
  • Occupational*
  • Developmental Disabilities
  • Health Care
  • Community Organization

*Denotes my industry interests. I come from a non-traditional background (macro practice) which prepares social workers for positions in organizations, communities, and social policy.

For more information about social work, check out these videos below:

No comments: