Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Highlights for 2nd Year in Grad School

I am finally starting my second year in graduate school. I am excited and ready to start my classes and fieldwork. This fall, I am enrolled full-time in the School of Social Work (Last fall, I spent my first year in the School of Information where I study library and information science.) For newcomers, my social work background is macro practice social work. I do not cover clinical or interpersonal practice. Being an MSW student is significant today because the School of Social Work will celebrate its 90th anniversary in 2011. I am proud to witness this tremendous milestone.

I have created several goals that I hope to accomplish:

  • Become more involved in student organizations
  • Focus on fulfilling all degree requirements early
  • Attend professional conferences and campus lectures
  • Live a healthy lifestyle (exercise, sports)
  • Just relax and have fun (non-school activities)

May this be a successful school year for all grad students!

UPDATED (9/8/10): September 8 is International Literacy Day.

No comments: