10 Key Job Search Tips for New Graduates
- Don't wait to start job searching.
- Include ll of your work experience on your resume.
- Don't listen to every piece of job-search advice you hear.
- Don't apply for everything you see.
- Broaden your horizons.
- Don't think you can't intern just because you're no longer a student.
- Use your network.
- Practice interviewing.
- Make sure that your email address, outgoing voice mail message and online presence all portray you as a professional, mature adult, not a partying college student.
- Don't panic.
How To Get a Job When You Don't Have Much Experience
- Figure out why you'd be great at the job.
- Don't worry about being a perfect match.
- Write an outstanding cover letter.
- Pay a ton of attention to soft skills.
- Think about what non-obvious experience you can highlight.
- In your interview, strike the right balance between confidence and humility.
- Look for ways to get the experience you lack.
- Be realistic.