Friday, September 30, 2011

NPR: Finding A Job Is Hard For Even The Most Educated

While this story is over a year old, it still resonates for some people who have advanced degrees and are unable to seek full-time employment in their field. The Great Recession has even affected the most educated, putting them in a disadvantage with salary potential for a decade.
"A lot of people who are qualified for more higher level jobs are settling for more entry positions, and so that's a roadblock for new graduates," Coward says.

1 comment:

Blubtrflygrl said...

It's rough. Many people who I work with, who have Master's degrees have been stuck in entry-level positions for years and cannot find anything out there.

They do feel fortunate to have a job though.

That is what I tell myself too when I am having a bad day.

I also think this is why employers throw so many things onto one employee too........they know that if he/she cracks and leaves, they can ALWAYS find a replacement in this economy.

It is very scary to me too that in social work, a field traditionally always thought to be hiring, there are no jobs to be had.