Friday, October 2, 2009

The Weather Is Getting Chillier...

The last week of September really surprised me as the temperature quickly dropped to the 40s and 50s. Students and staff have changed into their fall clothes (jackets, sweaters, long pants, etc.). Buildings have turned on the heat. It surprised me because the weather is generally still warm until mid-October. It doesn't typically feel like autumn until Halloween. I definitely need to buy some more jackets if I want to keep warm while waiting outside for the next shuttle!

I just hope this weather change doesn't mean that we will have another brutal winter in 2010 (In case you're not from southeastern Michigan, the past two years have been very cold and snowy. I think metro Detroit alone received almost 80 inches of snow last year.)

1 comment:

psychotherapistinthesouth said...

As a native Wisconsinite, I can vaguely remember that weather you are writing about. I am getting ready to visit the family in Oshkosh, and my sis said to pack warm clothing. I live in the South, so I may have to pick up a couple of items during my visit! I look forward to reading your blog in the days to come.

~Ms. T. J.
http://blog.socialworker.com